Key Dates In Our History
On the 15th May 1920 Wrotham Park played host to Bentley Heath's first recorded match. Our opponents were Totteridge C.C. and we lost! Earlier in that year the Bentley Heath Recreation Club had been formed which included a Cricket Section. The Earl of Straffoed was the first President.
No cricket played due to World War II. Many Club members served in the armed forces.
Cricket resumes after the War but matches are played on Barnet Playing Fields due to neglected state of the ground at Wrotham Park. However, within a couple of years the club was back playing at Wrotham Park.
Club's ground at Wrotham Park is moved to present location at request of the Estate.
Final completion of the club's first brick built Pavilion (after 6 years work) funded, designed and mainly constructed by members' own efforts.
Pavilion destroyed by arson
New Pavilion built by estate and mainly funded from insurence receipts. 1st XI joined the Saracens Herts Cricket League
2nd XI joined the Saracens Herts Cricket League
After second consecutive promotion 1st XI are promoted to division 7 of the Herts League.
The most successful season in the club's historty.
1st XI win division 7 and are promoted to division 6 of the Herts League.
1st XI win the Herts Village Twenty20 Trophy.
2nd XI are promoted to division 12 of the Herts League.